OUR FIRST FOOTBALL GAME OF THE SEASON IS HERE!
NORTHWOOD VS. KENNEDY, FRIDAY, AUGUST 25th, IRVINE HIGH SCHOOL STADIUM
Don’t miss out on the fun and excitement! Hear and see the Northwood Marching Band & Color Guard’s first performance of the season! The band will perform at the pre-game show, during the game, and at halftime. Invite family, friends, NHS & TIMB alumni; everyone is welcome!
5:30pm: Student call time, meet at the IHS outdoor basketball courts by the practice gym (dropoff at parking lot off Escolar)
6:40pm: Pre-game show, National Anthem
- We will NOT be in uniform for this game.
- Wear your Earth, Wind & Fire marching band t-shirt, dark jeans or pants — no shorts. Any closed-toed shoes are fine.
- Bring: refillable water bottle, instrument, lyre and all music.
- Phones are not allowed in stands.
- Stay with a buddy at all times.
- Band staff/leadership/drumline/pit/tubas are all expected to UNLOAD the trucks back at NHS after the game.
- Please pick up your student around 9:00pm by the swim center.
- This is the only supervised pickup location.
REMEMBER TO WEAR YOUR FANWEAR!
Parents, family & friends, support the marching band & color guard by wearing your “I’m with the Band!” fanwear to the game. If you were unable to pick up your pre-order at the kickoff performance last Friday, your orders will be available at the spiritwear table, which will be located near the stands. Items will be available for purchase as well.
A HUGE THANK YOU to all the parent, student and alumni volunteers who helped last week during band camp! We hope you enjoyed seeing your student(s) perform, as well as meeting other band parents! Did you know that it takes 300+ volunteers to support marching band each season? We can only do this with your support and sincerely appreciate anything you can do to help! Thank you to those of you who have already signed up! There are still many opportunities available to help for 1-2 hours, or at every performance. Sign up HERE. Want to help, but not sure where? Contact TIMB.President@gmail.com.
MARCHING BAND INFORMATION
Looking for the season schedule, music download, or other documents sent with the “Welcome to Marching Band” email newsletter? Find them on our website at timbmusic.org.
SUPPORT THE FOOTBALL MEDIA GUIDE
This book will feature player bios, in-game photos, team portraits, marching band photos, dedication ads from parents, and business ads from our corporate partners. Here’s how you can support…
- Show your student how proud you are of them by purchasing a dedication ad in the media guide. You can include pictures and text. Need help designing? Just ask – we can help put together the ad for you. Click here to buy a dedication ad.
- Buy a media guide – the media guide is filled with special memories from the year. We will have photos from several games that your kids will love to look back on. Click here to buy a media guide. Media guides will also be sold at the games.
Next TIMB Meeting: Tuesday, September 5th, 6:30pm
Join us for the latest NHS instrumental music news, including updates from the Music Directors.
Email TIMB.President@gmail.com at least 1 hour prior to the meeting for the Zoom link.
Fri, Sep 1st, 5:30pm: Home football game at Irvine HS
Tue, Sep 5th, 6:30pm: TIMB Meeting
Tue, Sep 19th, TBD: Night rehearsal at Irvine HS
Fri, Sep 29th, 5:30pm: Away football game at Irvine HS
Fri, Oct 6th, 5:30pm: Home football game at Irvine HS
Fri, Oct 13th, 5:30pm: Home football game at Irvine HS
Fri, Oct 20th, 5:30pm: Home football game at Irvine HS
Wed, Nov 1st, 4:30pm: Band Spectacular at Portola HS
Sat, Nov 4th, TBD: Field Tournament, location TBD
Questions? Email WhitneyTavlarides@IUSD.org or TIMB.President@gmail.com