AUDITION INFORMATION FOR FALL 2022:
Auditions are NOT required to participate in CONCERT BAND and STRING ORCHESTRA. All other ensembles require an audition for placement. Audition submission videos need to be submitted by 11:59pm on SUNDAY, MAY 8th. Please see below for all audition information. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Incoming students should be registered for either Concert Band or String Orchestra. Ensemble placements are determined over the course of the summer (based on audition) and become available when you receive your schedule at registration in August.
- Auditions are NOT required to participate in our program.
- All required audition music is listed below. Please note that all instruments are required to play scales.
- WINDS – Please prepare D Major and F Major scales FOR YOUR INSTRUMENT (not concert pitch). You may play the scale/range/tempo in the rhythm and articulation of your choice. Use this to showcase your range, and technique. REQUIRED AUDITION MUSIC LINKED BELOW.
- STRINGS – STRING SCALES sheet is attached. Bowings for the excerpts are SUGGESTIONS ONLY. You will not be penalized for making stylistically appropriate changes. REQUIRED AUDITION MUSIC LINKED BELOW.
- PERCUSSION – There are THREE required parts (MARIMBA, TIMPANI & SNARE) to prepare, plus D & F Major scales to be performed on the Marimba. REQUIRED AUDITION MUSIC LINKED BELOW.
- PIANO – Please print the Piano scale sheet, and prepare a 2 minute selection of your choice. Be aware that we have a VERY limited number of piano spots (4-6), and pianists will need to learn a secondary orchestral instrument. REQUIRED SCALE SHEETS LINKED BELOW IN AUDITION MUSIC.
ALL VIDEO AUDITIONS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED VIA THIS GOOGLE FORM. If you are auditioning on multiple instruments, please fill out the form multiple times.
DIRECTIONS FOR VIDEOS:
- MAKE SURE YOUR FACE, HANDS AND INSTRUMENT ARE FULLY VISIBLE IN THE VIDEO.
- MAKE SURE TO TEST YOUR MICROPHONE TO GET GOOD QUALITY AUDIO – DON’T USE THE MIC ON YOUR HEADPHONES.
- SAY YOUR FULL LEGAL NAME, CURRENT GRADE, AND LONG ID# BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR RECORDING.
- RECORD SCALES FIRST, FOLLOWED BY EXCERPTS.
- ALL AUDITION SUBMISSIONS MUST BE MADE IN A SINGLE VIDEO FILE. YOU MAY RECORD EACH SCALE/EXCERPT SEPARATELY, BUT THEN THESE MUST BE COMPILED INTO A SINGLE VIDEO.
- UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO TO YOUR GOOGLE DRIVE, AND ENABLE “LINK SHARING”. CHANGE THE SETTINGS SO THAT “ANYONE WITH THIS LINK CAN VIEW”
- COPY/PASTE YOUR GOOGLE VIDEO LINK IN THE GOOGLE FORM (linked above).
CLICK HERE for AUDITION MUSIC
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrumental Music Director
Northwood High School